The Parish Council and Church are working together to support members of the community and residents affected by the virus.
If you have been diagnosed or are self-isolating in line with NHS guidance and you need help with, for example, essential shopping or collecting medicines, contact the following volunteers using the details found below.
You are not alone; a member of our local community coronavirus group will then contact you to try to provide support from within the community.
Sandra Hartley Tel: 731523
Margaret Manley Tel: 731564
Carolyn Crocker Tel: 852754
Helen Greer (Thornhill) Tel: 731092
Kate Orton Tel: 731536
Caron Lubin Tel: 731076
Or email: email@example.com
Public Health England has advised people who are self-isolating to do what they can to avoid visitors to their home and any deliveries of groceries, medications or other shopping should be left at the door, so please ensure that when you are providing support this advice is followed.
If you would be prepared to help a householder in this way, please let Margaret Manley know so that we can increase the number of volunteers.
Thank you for all your support.
The NHS has some simple advice to avoid catching or spreading COVID-19:
• Stay at home advice – www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/selfisolation-advice
• Wash your hands with soap and warm water often – do this for at least 20 seconds
• Always wash your hands when you get home or into work
• Use hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available
• Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze
• Put used tissues in the bin straight away and wash your hands afterwards
• Try to avoid close contact with people who are unwell
The following links provide useful, factual and regularly updated information on COVID-19.
• Overview of COVID-19 – what is it? www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19
• Number of COVID-19 cases in the UK, including the affected areas – information can be found on Wiltshire Council’s website, wiltshire.gov.uk/public-health-coronavirus
• Common questions and answers on COVID-19 including advice for families, prevention, how it’s caught and spread, self-isolation, testing and treatment, foreign travel – www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/ common-questions
• NHS 111 – information can be found on Wiltshire Council’s website, wiltshire.gov.uk/public-health-coronavirus
• Wiltshire Council’s COVID-19 information page – wiltshire.gov.uk/public-health-coronavirus
• The NHS Every Mind Matters website has some really simple useful tips and advice to support good mental health at this difficult time – www.nhs.uk/oneyou/everymind-matters
Useful contact numbers
• NHS 111 – only call 111 if you cannot get help online
• Education queries –phone the Department for Education on 0800 046 8687
• Wiltshire Council – 0300 456 0100
PARISH COUNCIL MEETINGS
The Parish Council are currently seeking advice about holding public meetings during the coronavirus outbreak. The planned Parish Council meeting on Monday 6th April and the Annual Parish Meeting on Monday 27th April will be affected. Updates will be posted on the Broad Town website broad-town.co.uk and on the parish noticeboards when this information is available.
For any queries please contact the Parish Clerk at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Church of England public services are to be suspended until further notice. We will be doing our best to keep our benefice churches open so that people can come in for a change of place to be self-isolating, to pray and perhaps to light a candle (where that is safe).
For any queries contact Ray Manley Tel: 731564